Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 7 - entrecard continued

I'm up to 350 visitors. What I have done over the last several days is to drop around 20 to 30 cards at entrecard members a day and advertise. I find the fastest way to do this is by clicking only on those from my drop inbox. I have posted a few items in the entrecard forums and earned some extra credits by commenting on other blogs. Go into the forums and look into marketing and promotions forums. People are willing to trade credits for traffic. I then use the traffic to purchase ads. I only purchase ads with 16 ec or more. I think those that are worth less are probably not active blogs and stay away from them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey xmarks, I learned about entrecard from your last post, and signed up. I love it. It seems to have lots of potential for driving some traffic my way. I also noticed you were able to get your own 125x125 image on your ecard. How did you do that? Is there a way I could use a picture from my computer and shrink it or something? Or maybe a website that makes these avatars? Any help would be greatful!

Anonymous said...

dave,
If you need your image placing on your ecard, check my blog, send me your picture and I will do the rest. For free.
Lucinda.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of entrecard but will look into it. It's a bit daunting, all of it! I've done much of what you wrote about here already, and wonder if you can talk about RSS feed? I read somewhere that you MUST have your RSS FEED going in order for the search engines to find you. I've done nothing but click yes to "allow blogger feeds" in my settings (I use Blogger) - is that enough? i guess I don't really understand this topic.

Thanks for all your great tips. If any of you are PARENTS, and are sick of renting Shrek and Superman DVDs over and over again, visit my (brand new) KidsFlix blog for ideas on old classics, foreign films and documentaries for kids.

http://kidsflix.blogspot.com/

(I chose to use 'anonymous' here because i don't want my photo with my post... i need to figure that out. I guess I have a lot to learn!)