Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 6 – Entrecard

I haven’t done much in terms of promoting this site in the last couple of days and my traffic is around 10 a day. What I did do is join entrecard.com. Basically you need a 125 by 125 pixel image (called a widget) and an email address. Sign up and put entrecard’s code on your blog. Other entrecard members will sign up to advertise on your site, which earns you credits. You can pay credits to advertise on other entrecard member’s sites. Additionally, you can earn credits by viewing entrecard member’s sites and “drop”ping a card on them. That mean you clicked on a button marked drop. Each time you drop, you earn a credit and the site you dropped on earns a credit.

So far, I’ve dropped 43 times, mainly on the same 10 blogs. I have been dropped on 38 times. Some people drop like crazy and drop up to the limit, 300 per each of your blogs. From this blog, I only drop 10 to 15 a day. That only takes a couple of minutes. Most people you drop on will try to drop on you too. It builds a repeat traffic pattern. I purchased advertising which is just kicking in today and have earned 2 clicks. Prime advertising opportunities require a wait, so the ones I purchased won’t kick in for a couple of days.

To earn extra credits, I logged into the entrecard forum and reviewed the promotion/marketing groups. Some people will pay you credits to comment on their site. I did a couple of those today but I haven’t been paid yet. When I do, I will buy more advertising. I don’t normally waste credits on cheap advertising (which everyone in the beginning is cheap) but if anyone comments here and joins entrecard, let me know. I would be happy to be your first advertising customer.

I wanted to mention something I did on my other blog. I wrote a post about my daughter’s diaper training, then I started a couple of discussions titled “she peed on my floor and I had to cheer.” I included a link to my post. The title was interesting enough that I got people jumping over right away. Almost immediately, I had a dozen people from the forums reading my post.

9 comments:

WebbieLady said...

Traffic wise, EntreCard is very good. But dropping is the skin deep beauty of it. Come to spend time with it, go to the promotion are of the forum, there are bunch of us who give free credits for some exchanges of favors.

When it comes to dropping, i have one that helps me do it fast although i do not drop 300 for a blog. But it helps. If you have one good connection, it can allow you to drop 20 in a minute.

Go to my site, WebbieStuffs and look for my "New Blog Buddies" heading at the left. Click the "EC Ko" name and you will see how I, and many of us benefit from it. Just sharing some beneficial facts as you have commented about my babies. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi there
I've been blogging since May and loving it. insidetheaffair.blogspot.com follows the affair I find myself having with a married man. It's rather complicated to say the least! Stop by if you have the time and inclination (you'll have to excuse some of the more racy language!)
I found your blog via Google Groups and have found it useful, thank you.
I just have one small comment - your template with the white writing on a black background is incredibly difficult to read. I can only read a couple of paragraphs before going cross-eyed. Can I suggest changing templates? All the readability research shows that white on black reduces readability significantly.
Hope you don't mind me being so forthright; I enjoy your site but tend to only spend a few minutes on it. Other people might click out straight away.
Cheers
Tuesday x

Richard McLaughlin said...

I included your site in my batch file at http://cheapkeywords.info/Entrecard.html. People who use these batches drop more quickly, but don't always stay on the site. Each batch opens 15 or more tabs and you just hit the drop button and move on. Today I added a "You Drop I Follow" batch and in theory all these people come back each time you visit their site. That batch is the biggest, and if you drop at all 20+ per day you should get 20+ visits back per day.

The cup is half full of something I don't like said...

tuesday, All suggestions are welcome.

I agree with you and made the change

thank you

Unknown said...

There have been some days I managed 300 drops, but most days I am closer to 200. The think you need to think about is the "bounce rate" which basically measures the number of entrecard users who just load you site long enough to drop their card and move on.

This traffic is fun, but I don't think it really helps you move toward your real goals.

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you. So much easier on the eye. Brilliant!
Tuesday x

Unknown said...

Oh hey, way too confusing.

Laura Brown said...

The widget is the result of the code you put up on your blog for the Entrecard banner. That is called a widget. The image you need for the widget is not called a widget.

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

I have just started reading your posts on entrecard...I dont know if I am using entrecard optimally. I just make a few drops, sometimes a lot of drops. Then I use my points to advertise.

I have noticed that my drop to drop back ratio is 1:2. What is yours?

The forum idea is good...infact I met you there and now I am learning so much from your blog!