Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 3 - Continue responding to comments, add more discussion in google groups and join blogcatalog.

OK. It is about a day later and I only have had seven more visitors and only one more comment. I did have a couple more responses to the coffee shop discussion but I think I will let the die on its own.

So to my check list:
1.) Post something. I’m working on it.
2.) Respond to any comments on my site. The new comment is more of a thank you. I’ll come back to it tomorrow.
3.) Coffee Shop discussions. There are a few on there now talking about new blogs. I will check out some other people’s blogs and add mine to the list. I believe it is best to go and check out other people’s blogs instead of just expecting them to come to you.
4.) I am going to post a few discussions on other groups. To do this, click on the “google groups” sign on the upper left in the Coffee Shop. I’ll then find a group or two that seem appropriate for me and enter a couple of discussions.
5.) I will join blog catalog at http://www.blogcatalog.com and insert their widget. I’ll do more with blogcatalog on future posts.

(don't forget to pingmyblog.com after each post)

8 comments:

Leonard said...

Hey there are some great and useful tips you've posted, thanks, i'll be keeping an eye our for you next posts.

Kristy said...

Have you looked into how much time the average newbie has to invest in some of these things? I'm just wondering how long-per day-I should spend seeking out blogs to comment on.

I'll try to find your blog again so I can keep an eye on how you're doing. Thanks for sharing the information!

life in 10 said...

hey thanks for adding me to ur list ill try to add u if i can figure it out. im loving the tips and the "newbie help" i appreciate it alot!

love
KSG19

The cup is half full of something I don't like said...

kristy, it really is about how badly you want traffic and how quickly you want it. The more time you put in the more you will get out of it. I think the rule of thumb for an established blog is 50% writing and 50% promoting.

I spend 1 - 3 hrs a day promoting.

Dr. Jay SW said...

What's Coffee Shop? (When I first saw that, I thought you actually meant going down to the corner coffee shop and talking up your blog--I do that, but it doesn't seem to help much!)

The cup is half full of something I don't like said...

The coffee shop is a place for bloggers to talk with other bloggers.

here's it's link


http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-share/topics

David Caldarelli said...

Hey, thanks for your reply at the coffee shop. I see you've added me to your Blog List, and I've now added you to mine. You have some great advice here. I bet you will eventually get lots of traffic. Great Job, Good Luck and thanks for the exchange!
http://pokerstarshome.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

Thanks for the plug - learning lots about this stuff from you. I added your blog to mine.

Thanks!
Barbara